• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ever have these codes?

XJ-HEAT

NAXJA Forum User
I just got back from a camping trip. I got a check engine light while pulling my camper. Had the codes read at Autozone, this is what they gave me.

P-0700 Transmission Control System Malfunction
P-0740 TCC Enable Solenoid Circuit Electrical

Anyone ever deal with either of these, or can at least tell me what they are?

I'd ignore the 1st one and concentrate on that solenoid. Check out the replacement cost, and what could cause that solenoid to go bad. The fact that you were pulling a camper leads me to believe the TCU didn't like something you did.

XJ-HEAT said:
Any idea where this solenoid is located? Is it the one thats on the valve body?
There are 3 on the valve body there are a pair side by side 1&3 the one closest to the front I think is the one you want to check. All three are outside so just check them all.

Digging this up since I got this code. Possible dumb question: whats the solenoid look like and how do you know its bad (or how to test it?) I just changed my tranny fluid and filter but didnt really look at the valve body much.

Also, after adjusting the throttle valve cable do I need to disconnect the battery or anything to reset the computer/transmission?

I have a 98 XJ and the other day driving to work the CE light came on with those exact error codes. Was you able to resolve this issue ? Is the TCC Enable Solenoid Circuit Electrical and easy part to replace ?

The Jeep seems to be running fine I hear no strange noises. Is this an expensive fix ?

--Thanx Keith

Back