• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats the best why to repair rollover damage?

jonesja1971

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a '92 with rollover damage, mainly at the passenger A-piller. Whats the best way to repair it? Only paid 700 bucks with 3 1/2" Skyjacker lift.

The best way if you don't have a lot of body work experience is to find a vehicle with a blown engine for cheap and swap all the good parts over. It will take you less time and you will end up with a much stronger vehicle. Once you tweak the unibody it will never be the same. Trust me.

I agree transplanting the good stuff to a xj with bad running gear but a good body is the way to go for ease plus then you get a chance to go over all the little maintenance issues people forget about and fix that too

Three replies without the word "sawzall" being mentioned once?:confused:

$700 for a jeep with roll damage seems kinda steep! You may have been better off getting an older XJ without damage for that kind of money.

Anyhow, you can probably get it close enough with some jacks, chains and ingenuity but without seeing it thats hard to say. I would concure and say you'd probably be better off looking for a decent shell and swap everything over. Probably less time and agrivation.

Gas axe, then follow up with grinder for almost finished appearance, then a little weld work to reattach body panel seperation, finish grind. Add primer and paint to taste. Highly recomend cage for up coming dummy moments.

I used my hilift jack and blocks of wood to get mine as straight as posible the roof is crinkled and there is a gap at the top of the drivers side doors but im not going to wory about it. I have a parts jeep with a good body im just to lazy to go through all the work of swaping everything over. I also thought about making it a shop top but the guys I wheel with talked me out of it since we do a lot of winter whealing.

kid4lyf said:
Three replies without the word "sawzall" being mentioned once?:confused:

Thank you! that's was the first thing to pop in my mind when I read the title.

if you cant bang it out with a large hammer (claw or sledge), cut it off.. move on.

If the doors open and close, then live with it..

Back