• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

to the people who run tires 35" and up.. need help finalizing set up..

2000Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
well with gas prices the way that they are, and me having my new stealth sitting in my yard. in the spring the stealth will take my jeeps place as my dd and the jeep is going to become my new project vehicle..

i want it to be big, i have been talking to the people at currie about axles. that will bolt right on useing all the stock xj suspension and steering. and i have come to the conclusion that a ford 9" and D60 will be what is going into the jeep. i have also come to the conclusion again that i am going to run some 36" iroks or 37 trxus m/t. and the people have told me that going full width will not be completely necessary is this true? since i still want it to be street legal to get to trails and drive during bad winter storms that the stealth cant handle. but i can get it registered with full width axles since so mucg tire will be exposed.. i also want to keep the cog as low as possible

i am thinking of running the re 5.5 extreme duty lift. since people really seem to like it and it looks to flex real well. and the 5.5 will/should give me the lift i will need and i will still have some flex..

i also know i have to get the sye/driveshaft, gears,lockers, brakes, steering i know there is stuff that i am forgetting.. can someone fill in the blank spots of major things i am forgetting. i am running on little sleep so not thinking to well right now

thanks for any help.. hoping to start buying parts in the next few weeks

is there anything that you would change from what i ahve posted up? if so why?

and if i set the jeep the way i want to and i get a real bad snow storm and need to get out will the jeep still drive ok with the large tires?

you may want to gain some horsepower somehow,(engine mods),as 35" mudders weigh quite a bit and you will feel noticeable lag with stock set-up

any sugestions on some of the best bang for the buck engine mods? i dont want to go as far as stoking it right now.. maybe if i blow it up..

rustys off road has a good deal for a high-flow K&N filter intake sytem, throttle-body spacer, and flowmaster cat-back system for $255. i bought it and feel very noticable low end gains, easy to install.

Hemi !!!!!!

yeah, good luck being "street legal" in MA with 36's or 37's

Forget engine mods. With bigger tires you gain the power back by regearing the axles.

Also in my opinion the RE5.5" kit (which I am running) is perfect for 35's. I should also mention I got 6.5" out of this kit (no winch but I do have an aftermarket front bumper) and I put in TeraFlex shackles in the back instead of RE's.) I have an aggressive trim job. For 36's or 37's, I'd want a little more lift.

Full width is a good idea, but you don't have to go full-width either. Do a search for wil badger on this forum. He has 8" lift with 36" IROKs on full-widths. His Bushwacker flares do a pretty good job covering the tires. Very nice setup.

the xj wont see alot of street driving. and where i live there are trucks that will be bigger than me.. so im not worried.. getting inspected will be fun tho

Back