• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrical problem

njfeimer

NAXJA Forum User
My '94 has problems with the tail lights. When I pull the headlight switch it blows the fuse controlling the tail lights and instrument panel lights. The headlights still come on. I replaced the headlight switch thinking that might be the problem but it didn't fix it. I think I need to just go through and check the amperage of everything run off that fuse to find the short but if anybody knows what the problem is i'd be happy to hear it.

Thanks,
nick

njfeimer said:
My '94 has problems with the tail lights. When I pull the headlight switch it blows the fuse controlling the tail lights and instrument panel lights. The headlights still come on. I replaced the headlight switch thinking that might be the problem but it didn't fix it. I think I need to just go through and check the amperage of everything run off that fuse to find the short but if anybody knows what the problem is i'd be happy to hear it.

Thanks,
nick
You can get to the Tail light connector behind the spare tire, start by unplugging them.

Mine did exactly the same thing. It was just a short in the left taillight wiring harness where some butcher before me had tried to splice in a trailer plug.
If I remember correctly, the front parking lights are on that fuse too.

Darren

The same thing was happening to me and I also had trailer wiring spliced into my back wiring. The problem went away when i unplugged teh defroster woring in hte rear hatch. But I really dont know where the short is at yet. Id rather have my lights work than my defroster right now

Back