• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Couple questions

jeepguy97

NAXJA Forum User
First, I have an '89 MJ with manual windows and rusted out doors and an 89 XJ with power windows and good doors, what is needed to make the power windows work in the MJ. (Wiring and where to hook it up)? Second, I want to swap in an 8.25 from a 95 XJ in, if it had a manual tranny it has 3.07 gears right? And third my MJ has the Pukebox BA10/5 and Danan 30/35, the means I have 3.07 gears right? Thanks.

jeepguy97 said:
First, I have an '89 MJ with manual windows and rusted out doors and an 89 XJ with power windows and good doors, what is needed to make the power windows work in the MJ. (Wiring and where to hook it up)? Second, I want to swap in an 8.25 from a 95 XJ in, if it had a manual tranny it has 3.07 gears right? And third my MJ has the Pukebox BA10/5 and Danan 30/35, the means I have 3.07 gears right? Thanks.

The MJ should have the harness blocks behind the kick panels... so IIRC all ya have to do is put the new doors on, (Maybe pop a body plug out of the door jambs and install the rubber boots?) thread the wires through to those blocks

The only way to be sure on gear ratios is to either pull the covers & count teeth or spin the pinion and count revolutions... (a little more than 3 turns to one axle turn = 3.07, a liitle more than 3.5 turns = 3.55) A manual trans I-6 XJ or MJ "should have" the 3.07:1, but ya never know.

The spring pad widths are a bit narrower on the MJ... you'll have to remove and remount those either below the axle like stock MJ or SOA... stock, get rid of the XJ shock mounts, If SOA, remove & relocate the LS shock mount to the front of the tube. or to suit your long-travel setup

Last edited:
jeepguy97 said:

the doors should work...whre to wire I'm not sure...

your MJ is spring under...the XJ is spring over...it can be done...takes a little work with spring perches and shock mounts...

manual trans and a 4.0 = 3.07 gears unless they have been changed.

Back