• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cracked exhaust manifold & code 24

kevin s

NAXJA Forum User
1992 4.0 HO
Cracked the ex. mainfold at the collector (like everybody else it seems). It actually has a little hole about the size of a pencil right on top. Am going to have my son the welder attemp a quick and dirty fix for now.

Could this cause a code 24 TPS mil? I am not getting an O2 sensor mil, just a 24. Just curious if anyone else that has had a cracked manifold has pulled a 24 code.

kevin s said:
1992 4.0 HO
Cracked the ex. mainfold at the collector (like everybody else it seems). It actually has a little hole about the size of a pencil right on top. Am going to have my son the welder attemp a quick and dirty fix for now.

Could this cause a code 24 TPS mil? I am not getting an O2 sensor mil, just a 24. Just curious if anyone else that has had a cracked manifold has pulled a 24 code.

hard to say for me...I've had the code 24..a couple of times...but my manifold is still good.

had a cracked manifold, all the way around the colector, was welded back together, perfect fit, but didn't had a 24. before or after. TPS was replaced evantually, but not related. TPS with a bad conection?

Yeah, I have been chasing a nefarious code 24 ever since I bought the thing 40k ago. Tried all the usual stuff. I guess I'll have to break down and strip the harness all the way back to the ecu.

Back