• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick disconnects

kyfreeride04

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 XJ, 3" lift with 31" tires. I"m looking to get some front quick disconnects and was wondereing if they made them for the rear, because i can't seem to find them. If not, is it possible to just completely take off your rear sway bar? This is a DD so i was worried if it would affect any major handling if i completely took the sway bar off.

Hey...a guy from my home town!

Everyone will say to take it off. I took mine off years ago.

I have a 99' 2door that had the Up Country suspension package which comes from the factory with rear swaybar delete.I have since changed about everything under it and have front disconnects and drive it on the road disconnected.Takes a little getting used to,but 1 wrong move this way like a sharp curve too fast and you can be on your top.I have a friend with a TJ that found this out the hard way.It is a personal choice as to leave it in or take it out.I would say on road D+D leave it in ,off road trail jeep rip it out and pitch it far away,let it FLEX!

Every single one of my XJ's LOST that rear sway bar on the same day that I took possesion. I have NEVER noticed enough of a sway issue to warrant re-installing it, even when towing a low-boy eqipment trailer with my 1-ton Dodge on it. But, if you want one that bad, next time that I go to Radcliff, I will drop one off for you, FREE.

kyfreeride04 said:
I"m looking to get some front quick disconnects and was wondereing if they made them for the rear, because i can't seem to find them.
Interesting, I'd like to know too. One of mine sees a LOT more street than trails and I would like to keep it on there due to a heavy right foot but at the same time would like to disco it for trails.

ren said:
Every single one of my XJ's LOST that rear sway bar on the same day that I took possesion. I have NEVER noticed enough of a sway issue to warrant re-installing it, even when towing a low-boy eqipment trailer with my 1-ton Dodge on it. But, if you want one that bad, next time that I go to Radcliff, I will drop one off for you, FREE.

Whats happening how far is frenchburg from radcliff just moved here looking for some jeep buds.

In addition to the number of folks that say "take it off" you have to look closely at the end links and how close they are to the tire. There've been a few reports post-lift of the endlink rubbing through the sidewall of the tire...I don't think I need to mention what a bad thing that could be.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Do a search and get more threads and more recent info, that's my point.

Looks like the resurrector did a search on Radcliff for whatever reason. At least it proves that the search works.. :shrug:

Jim

Back