• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 intake(again)

Please search more in this forum or the street and performance forum. There is tons of info on this swap.

Here is a pic for you. Go Jeep's site has a good write up, but it is for a right hand drive XJ which is a little different.(see pic)

Get a tensioner assy and pump from a 96 to 01 XJ, 97-99 TJ, or 96-98 ZJ all with a 4.0Ls.

standard.jpg

Bryan C. said:
Please search more in this forum or the street and performance forum. There is tons of info on this swap.

Here is a pic for you. Go Jeep's site has a good write up, but it is for a right hand drive XJ which is a little different.(see pic)

Get a tensioner assy and pump from a 96 to 01 XJ, 97-99 TJ, or 96-98 ZJ all with a 4.0Ls.

standard.jpg

You don't neccassarily need the pump, I did the swap and reused my 91 pump. You do need to get the Pulley from the 99+ though as it has the correct offset.

the only parts i bought new where; 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8x2, and 9x3
You can reuse the pulley the pulley bolt and the front spacer ( parts 5 10 7) from the existing idler pulley by the a/c it is the same pulley and bolts. and you will need the newer 99+ belt

hope this helps

Dingo

ordered parts from jeep dealer not bad all parts u mentioned were only $48. for me with tax.i werk at a gm dealer and the jeep parts guy gives me a very good deal.

if you need any help you can always PM me and i can help you out, i did this on my 91 about a year ago.

Dingo

Back