• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Plans for the next few weeks

tealcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
ive stumbled into some nice parts for my jeep, for free, so i guess its time to upgrade

it looks like ill be running on D44 front D60 rear out of a J10, D300 tcase out of a CJ7 (passanger side pumpkin) so the floors getting cut somemore

I'm planning on remaking my suspension, 4 link's front and rear, no track bars

sticking with the 35" boggers for a while, but going up to 6.5" coils in the front, prolly 3" coils out back to get the same lift (trying to use as long of a spring as possible)

Now my question is, how far can you stretch a coil, with out damanging it? i plan to fully bolt the top and bottom of the coil in to the frame and axle, front and rear, so that instead of unseating coils, ill get some useful flex out of them

anything else to look out for?

with a 4 link front and rear without a panhard - look for full hydro steering... either that or bumpsteer...

sounds fun, and like a SHITLOAD of work... dont expect this to take 4 weekends... sounds like a year's worth of work...

think about these things too:

Steering (full hydro, hydro assist, linkage, hi-steer?)
Brakes (all new components - including hard lines and a master cylender)
e-brake
rims (most d60's wont fit 15's on the front too well)
u-joint compatibility with the driveshafts - arent most d60's 1350?
rebuild the kingpins

what are your plans for gears/lockers/shafts? all stock for now, deal with that later?

its a j10 60, i think its more of a 44/60 hybrid or something, i dunno, i might just put the 44 i have in the rear, not sure yet

Back