• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiring harness for '91 4.0 I6 HO

Skullver

Still Flailing
Anyone know of an aftermarket wiring harness for a 1991 4.0L Inline6 HO from an xjcountry? It is for a non-streetlegal rig,racing rig so minimal aux. connectors. thanks in advance!

None that I know of. Suggest you just remove all unnecessary wiring from the harness - split it apart and clip out all the emissions, heater/AC , etc wires you don't need. Headlite harness unplugs LF fender/headlite area.

im not sure what you're really trying to accomplish in this, i assume lighter weight? ive had a 91 harness apart, trust me with the way the wire are spiced together it would probably be harder to pull apart than what its worth. The other thing you can look into is getting a harness out of a 4-cyl with no options, then just run the other 2 wires for the injectors. as long as it's between 91-95 IIRC it will work. you may have to extend some wires but i think that's it. I did something similiar when we swapped a 2.5 for a 4.0 in a friends wrangler, just swapped the computer and ran the extra wires.

Dingo

Thanks for the input guys, the problem was whoever pulled the engine cut the wiring harness at the firewall! so it either strip-and solder all day or find an alternative, i do have a complete harness for a 4-cyl so thanks a whole bunch for your suggestion! Im off to the shop to create Frankenharness.

Back