• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I have a problem

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
I was putting a new flywheel in the war wagon today and I noticed that the new one I bought from the local napa is different.It's made by perfection clutch and the "teeth"for the cps sensor to reference on(not the starter teeth) have a different tooth count than the oem part I pulled off.The oem wheel has three sets of 20 teeth,while the new one has three sets,one set is 19 the next set is 20 and the last set is 21.

W.T.F? This doesn't seem right,the guy behind the counter even checked to see if it was the right part when I went to pick it up.
Should I return it?
T.I.A

I have a 89 4 liter.
I ended up going to perfections website and I called there tech line,told them the deal and after 10 minuets of searching the guy on the other line cross referenced the casting numbers on the back of the oem flywheel to find out that the flywheel napa sold me is a reject that was casted wrong!!!
Could you imagine how pi$$ed I would be if I installed it?!?!?!?.It's a good thing I thought to compare parts before installation(always a good practice)Imagine how long I would trouble shoot after I got it all back together,then have to take it all back apart!!

Trust no part manufacturer and double check your parts!!!!

Now I'm looking for a good replacement flywheel since the dealer told me that daimler/chrysler discontinued it and even if they could get it it would cost $260.00......ouch,I don't think so!Can someone let me know where to get an affordable,quality flywheel?

Last edited:
jeepdeepfreak said:
I have a 89 4 liter.
I ended up going to perfections website and I called there tech line,told them the deal and after 10 minuets of searching the guy on the other line cross referenced the casting numbers on the back of the oem flywheel to find out that the flywheel napa sold me is a reject that was casted wrong!!!
Could you imagine how pi$$ed I would be if I installed it?!?!?!?.It's a good thing I thought to compare parts before installation(always a good practice)Imagine how long I would trouble shoot after I got it all back together,then have to take it all back apart!!

Trust no part manufacturer and double check your parts!!!!

Now I'm looking for a good replacement flywheel since the dealer told me that daimler/chrysler discontinued it and even if they could get it it would cost $260.00......ouch,I don't think so!Can someone let me know where to get an affordable,quality flywheel?
I guess I don't understand then, why can't you just take It back to Napa and exchange it for the correct one? Perfection does make the correct one.
And looks like this. P/N 50-1004
40f-wheel.jpg

Last edited:
I lost all faith in the perfection brand,especially after I saw "made in china" cast into the back of the flywheel.
I found one for 118.00 on crown jeep that is supposed to be genuine mopar.

jeepdeepfreak said:
I lost all faith in the perfection brand,especially after I saw "made in china" cast into the back of the flywheel.
I found one for 118.00 on crown jeep that is supposed to be genuine mopar.
What ever that's worth yours was never MOPAR to begin with.
Oh and don't be supprised if the MOPAR one is also made in china, if you get an old stock one it will be made in Mexico, it they ship you a new one it's made in China. 75% of US OEM car parts are made outside of the US.

Last edited:
Back