• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone runnin' the TSL Swamper 32x9.50x15s

barillms

NAXJA Forum User
I have a tired old 2.5 from 1985 and need more power - to boot'... SO, I'm considering switching to a smaller/lighter tire from the 33x12.5s Mickeys I'm running now. The TSL Swamper 32x9.50s are a good choice because I have some tire rub that this narrow tire will cure also. I have room for the TSL LTB 34x10.50s but don't think my 2.5 will turn them, plus I still have the stock Non-C Clip Dana 35 with 3.73s. Anyone use the 32.x9.50 before?

Gearing, not tires is the answer.

I have been running that tire on my XJ for a while now. They work great in most conditions (lack a little in snow). They are by no means a light tire. I agree gears are the answer. I run mine on my 87 XJ w/ 4.0L, auto and 4.10 gears.

Gears are definitely the answer.
BUT, as far as your question, Yes. The 32x9.50 TSLs work very well indeed. I've wheeled with two different rigs running those tires. Both owners spoke highly of them and I observed them to work - period. They are a tall 32 and the tread when new is some of the deepest out there - 27/32", if memory serves.
Bias Swampers are heavy, however. So going to those tires will not likely net you the difference you're hoping it will. Regear.

Back