• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help with rims

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
ok .. i know that this has prolly been asked a million times, but i have never gotten the answer i was looking for. right now i am running 225/75/15 dunlop A/T with stock wheels. i want to get some rock cralwer or daytona's. something. now i know i can get 15x8 rims on the tires i have now, but i wanna get the rims now and be able to put them on my 31's later after i get my lift. now will a certain size backspacing work for both size tires? or what?

If you really want to get the new rims now instead of with the 31s, go with a 15x7, preferably at 4.5" backspacing. I run 15x7s with my 34x10.5" LTBs with 4.0" BS and it is perfect to avoid LCA rubbing and the stance is very nice. The 31s will resist blowing beads better on the 15x7s as well.

Timmay said:
The 31s will resist blowing beads better on the 15x7s as well.

X2!!

7'' wide rims are perfect for 10.5" wide tires,
i used 33x10.5 bfg muds aired down to 8psi and they never even slipped on the bead or thought about popping off.

i only went to 8" wides ones for 35x12.5s

I have 30 x 9.5 on 7"/3.75" BS wheels (with apprx 2" front/0" rear lift) and everything clears really well... As Timmay points out... 15x7/4" is a good size as well for 9.5" or 10.5" tires

I shimmed the steering stops out apprx 0.125" (2 washers each) and used longer bumpstops from an old MJ front & rear.

Yep. I've blown one bead with my 34" swampers on a 15x7. They where aired down to...4 psi (don't ask...) and I slipped into a rock and it just peeled off. Nothing the OBA couldnt fix. Ever since then I've only went down to 8-10 psi and never had a problem.

Back