• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to find H4 headlamp sockets??????

Dvipercop

NAXJA Forum User
I need help! I'm rewiring my headlights and can't find H4 headlamp sockets anywhere! Anyone know of an on-line store or, if you live in the area, a store around Portland, OR that stocks these?? I'm looking for just the socket itself...no wires attached. TIA

Got mine from NAPA, as I did the Hella H4's themselves. IIRC they are not unlike the OEM socket, but then again I may not RC...its been a while.

i have an "autopal" ebay "diamond cut" crap, with Hella H4s running 55w LO/100 HI.... the reflector inside the lens, is amazing! nice pattern and everything... but unfortunately when i switch go HI, my lights go dim:) need thicker wiring... ...anyway,... getting to the subject... Hella H4s ... are H4s, and have regular wiring harness.....

They take a standard 3 pin headlight socket available in any auto parts store. There are cheap, good and better ones out there, depends on the material used for the block. I picked up some ceramic ones a few years ago that I use as replacements when the stockers either melt/sag or the connectors get beyond using a burnishing tool on.

RichP said:
They take a standard 3 pin headlight socket available in any auto parts store. There are cheap, good and better ones out there, depends on the material used for the block. I picked up some ceramic ones a few years ago that I use as replacements when the stockers either melt/sag or the connectors get beyond using a burnishing tool on.

Rich, are you *SURE* that H4s take the same socket as the old sealed beams? I don't think so. I had to make some modifications to mine as the H4 blades fit very loosely.

I have the APC inserts in my MJ, and the only thing that was an "issue" was that I had to tweak the bulb blades just a little so they would not shake out of the plug. Since that, no problems. Ren

ChiXJeff said:
Rich, are you *SURE* that H4s take the same socket as the old sealed beams? I don't think so. I had to make some modifications to mine as the H4 blades fit very loosely.
They should be. I've measured a GE H6054, and a GE H4 (also an IPF H4) -- the only significant difference seems to be the tab thickness. The H6054 is ~32 mil versus the ~28 of the H4. Maybe over time of using the H6054 it spread the contact ??

Same pattern, but as people have noted, thinner blades. My factory connector fits fine, just tweaked the bulb terminals a little to tighten up the fit.

Back