• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Soft Doors?!

Hmmm...

A while back...

maybe last year...

Someone used YJ soft doors with minor modification...

try asking CheapXJ...

IIRC he's the one that did it...

ive herd that cj half soft doors fit fine

A friend of mine built these:

hpim0639.jpg

hpim0641.jpg

hpim0642.jpg

hpim0643.jpg

buzzbombxj said:
ive herd that cj half soft doors fit fine

they are bolt in right? no modification necessary?

Geeez, you have some cool friends...i wish mine could make stuff like that.:laugh3:

allthingsoffroad said:
those are awsome get your friend to make me some lol :wave: or see what he would charge :)

I can get you his email address if you're really interested (send me a PM). I know he's busy and I doubt he has time to make them....and I think he spent a pretty penny on those custom canvas pieces. However, he might be able to send you in the right direction for making your own.

does removing the doors allow for more body flex???
i had my hatch open one time when she was tweaked a little and i could not close it until i straightened her out...

I have bestop YJ soft half doors + a YJ Bikini top on my MJ

I just welded some tabs to the old hinge that the doors could slide into, made it so the striker pin lined up w/ the latch on the door.

if you have no inner fenders, you WILL get wet driving in the rain w/ the YJ doors on.

CheapXJ said:
I have bestop YJ soft half doors + a YJ Bikini top on my MJ

I just welded some tabs to the old hinge that the doors could slide into, made it so the striker pin lined up w/ the latch on the door.

if you have no inner fenders, you WILL get wet driving in the rain w/ the YJ doors on.
In that case......

Six inch floor molding and screws.

is.php

Back