• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some help

I have searched ALOT and cant find what I am looking for, so here goes. I need new coils and leaf packs bad, major sagage. I already have a BB which I will most likely get rid of. Wondering what you opinions are on Rusty's 3 inch lift with full leaf packs. Seems to be the cheapest best resort. Looks like a sound lift, probably going to go with it. Just wanted to make sure its not going to hurt more then help my xj. Its mostly a on road vehicle which sees some mudding every now and then. I like the rough ride so ride quality is not really an issue. Let me know what you think.

i had it for a while...i didnt have any problems.

Most ppl ont his board dont like his stuff, it all persoinal opinon.

Get it if you dotn care about a rough ride(thats the way jeeps should be anyways!)

X 2 on the ride issue. After all, it is a truck, NOT a CAR. If you want something that rides like a car, then go buy a car. Trucks are known for load capacity, not "weightlessness" for smooth riding.

I can't comment on the vendor, but if I were looking to improve my DD and keep it on a budget, I would look at buying new coils from either OME or RE and do a Dakota / S-10 home-made leaf pack in the back. You should be able to do this for under $200 (figure $120 for the springs and $80 junk-yard parts for the leaf build up)

You can spend the extra $ on shims, adjustable track-bar, SYE & driveshaft, armor, etc that you might need and most lower priced kits don't include.

i just installed this kit myself last week, b/c of the 2 bolts on the front eyes of the leafs, took me 3 nights, but again alone- the kit rides better than stock IMHO; w/31's sits perfect, no rubbing, minor vib's- just installed tc drop last night- all gone- for great flex as well as on road ride, id say definitely get this kit, its just as good or better than any other one that'll cost 500+, and as far as shipping i ordered it on sunday night got it friday afternoon, sorry for the ramble

i think it was like 72? 490.00 shipped total w/out tc drop; like i said, MINIMAL vibes and easy install but i would say get the drop w/the kit its 20 bucks and like an extra 10 min- good luck

i also forgot to add that i had HORRIBLE death wobble and easily corrected it w/an OEM steering stabilizer, might want to get one of those from rustys as well

*its funny how a $490 kit turns into a $1300 install once everything is complete

Stupid question I know, but I want to get it right. Do I need anything else like a kit to install that stabilizer or can I use all of my old stock parts?

Pogiboy said:
Stupid question I know, but I want to get it right. Do I need anything else like a kit to install that stabilizer or can I use all of my old stock parts?

nope, and you may not even need a stabilizer there is one there on the front end anyway, so all it is is an R and R job...

i agree that you MAY not need oe, but i h ` NO death vobb e EVER dftil i ant 3" (`gher- when i tjked to rustys, they told me that 3" is enough, if its worn at all (96), to thr.t it al,(outta `acj- t(a only "`asnn i paid hehight want to get one from rusty is b/c if, no WHEN he decides he ndeds digfer ares, t8` OEM w jl prob `ly nee to be tgraded and rustys is already pretty beefy, esp for 31's-

BTW, i did it the bard wa81 i installed my kit, bike ONLY 2 tppe(re`r s(gck mount bolts- paid to have them pulled out and re-tapped- had excess pe DW a.` bnugh a new #qab.- ctldnt get the b.ft nn t` drag link off for my life (or the life of my 3 open end wrenches), pa(f the m`hanic, qho ended up usng his `r chis#`l `nd fother mechanics air hammer at the same time to pull it out- the ordered the tc drop an put it fn- the I re-tapped the broken sway ber end link on the FL side- couldve saved some time and $ by just aetting xhe sta and qubk disco's `nd $a drop rt, but€`ust my experience

This may yet again be another stupid question, but does the kit come with shock boots??? If so what color? I would imagine black, but not sure.

shock boots arent really needed- i read a site that advises against them b/c mud will cake up in there and can crack the boot, so i didnt get any- it looks better IMO w/the rod instead of the boot, let us know how the install goes

Just got the lift put on today! Rides so much better then my old puck and block lift! Heres the before.....
Jeeppics001.jpg

Coil with spring compressor, only pic I have of assembly, kinda forgot.
P3240025.JPG

Up on stands and lifts
P3240026.JPG

Finished product!!!!
P3250027.JPG

Hardest part was putting the stupid little shock bushings in the shocks!! Hate that. Oh well. What yah think?
30x9.5 BFG muds on it by the way.

Back