• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injector rates

ren

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody know if the G.M. MPFI injectors are Renix compatable, or do you have to use the Ford stuff. I have a set of EARLY TPI inj. and I was thinking about using them. I have recently strarted to mess with EFI and have quite alot of Q's., so if I end up asking a "dumb" q, just bear with me, please. I am trying to get away from "plug&play" stuff. Thanks, Ren

Are you talking about GM Throttle Body Injection injectors?

Why? The RENIX ecm is set up to use a different injector for each intake vavle, not a single or pair in the TB (how would you fit them anyway) MPFI is a slight efficiency improvement anyway, over the TBI system. Theyre meant for a GM system. The FORD injectors "just happen to fit" jeep fuel rail and are an improvement, in terms of the amount of fuel they can flow.

What I have are the TUNED PORT INJECTION inj., and what I am wanting to know is- do the GM inj. use the same (I think its )Ohms as the Renix. I want to use these because I already have them. Flow rates would be helpful, too.

I tried a set of Ford 5.0 injectors....no difference between them and the stock injector. In a correctly running system, the O2 analyzer should compensate for any minor differences.

I would check the ohm reading...if the same, try it.

i actualy have 99 camaroLS1 26#injectors in my 88 renix driven xj.but mine is modified with an adjustable map and adjustable timing control unit.most bosch style injector will work be it ford,gm,chrysler,mitusubishi,etc.just check the ohm readings-most are high impedence 12-18 ohms.do not use low impedence injectors.i think some jap cars use those-sorry not into jap crap so i dont even want to know bout dat.as for rates do a search on yahoo or what ever for injector flow rates.

Stock injectors are around 19#. I had to use a map adjuster on my stroker with the Ford Performance injectors 21# or 23# cant remember which. It was running too rich.

Thank you to all who have posted. This gives me somewhere to start, esp. the part # thing, I get the feeling that the rating is in the number. Will check on this and get back with what I find. Ren

Okay, here is my "guess" on the part number thing-the TPI inj. # is 6235047, so if the inj. part# above is right and actually gives its rating, then the GM should be around 23.5LBS/hr. Does that sound anything close to right? I will go look at some different ones tomorrow in the daylight, but I think that this is probably close to the rating. Ren

Sounds too much like common sense for GM.

Good possiblity. If so, then I would guess that somebody got fired for making sense for once. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Seriously, I might go ahead and try these after I make an adjustable map board. Does anybody know anything about this adjustable timing board? I am interested in the possiblities. Thanks, Ren

Back