• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bald Mt.

scrappydak2

NAXJA Forum User
Chuck and I took a few people up to Bald Mt. today and, well, had some trouble. :( Chuck was taking on Hollywood hill, if any of you know what that is, it is a big vertical crawl with good size boulders. His front divers side tire got about oh, 5 feet in the air. And hell broke loose. He made it up the rest with a really bad noise. We looked and looked and looked. Finally we saw his pinion was at like a 60 degree angle! :!: He bent BOTH rear leaf springs!! So he is in need of springs very badly. Stock ones will do great. But the rest of us stayed and had a great time tearing it up! :D

SPRING WRAP!!!!

Here it is. SPRING WRAP!!!! :shock:

http://home.attbi.com/~cdutke/xjweb/

I was lucky to get home. We diapered the T-case and I drove out in front wheel drive. As Matt had mentioned my tire 5 feet in the air, I couldn't feel it, I think most of it was the leaf springs wrapping up. All and all I wasn't afraid :shock: , I thought I lost my drive shaft, slip yoke, or something like that. I did Coyote with this setup and didn't have any trouble. I think it was the climb that put it over the edge. I don't think I had any wheel spin, too much traction with those MTR's. Also the combination of the folowing: stock leafs, 1.5" shackle, RC short AAL, and 1.5" block. By themselves there probably fine, but together you can get what I got.

When I got home the T-case was barely full, and the rear springs are still bent but not like the picture. When the drive shaft was taken off the springs came back, well sort of. Well I had to get a new u-joint and clamps, I really tore them up. The T-case is full and no major issues on my test run.

Well I guess it's time for a new spring pack! Give me your opinions. I'm leaning toward Tomken 4", $215 ship to me. In the rear I want 6" unloaded, 5.5" loaded. I have a 1.5" shackle.

Back