• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hard decision to make, help

XJ99

NAXJA Forum User
I recently ran Into some money that I'd like to Invest in my Jeep, problem is I have to many things I want and not enough money to get It all....I'd like to hear some opinions on what you think should be priority....
In my sig below you can see what I already have...heres what I want and plan to get throughout the future, my XJ is a daily drive

Wants:
*Winch, I cant decide on a $600 Warn 8000lb or a $300 Chicago electric 8000lbs
*Rear bumper w/tire carrier $500
*4.56 gears for D30-8.25 $500
Lockers - 200-500?
SYE and driveshaft $500
Replace rear 3" aal's w/ 3.5RE full leafs $300

What ya think?
1999 Cherokee 4.0L I-6, 3" RC Suspension, 33x12.50 BFG's, 15x10 AR767's, Custom Nates4x4 Winch bumper, TJ Flare Conversion, Custom rear tow points, Custom 2x4 rock rails, Custom snorkel set-up, PMW Lower Door Armor, CB, and lots of cool stickers for

What ya think?

Winch- Warn 8000lb

or

SYE and driveshaft $500

1.SYE
2.Gears & lockers at the same time,its much cheaper

In order of importance...
1. SYE and CV driveshaft.
2. Lift...and not a cheap one either...your kidneys will hate you otherwise.
3. Gears and lockers to match the new tires that will fit the lift (31"-32 will need either 3.73 or 4.10 gears)
4. Front ARB, rear swing out (Larger tires do not fit well inside)
5. You don't need a winch if you have good tires, lockers and lift...unless you are looking for Bling value or like to get stuck.

DDawg.

Read his sig.

I vote on Sye and DS. Then if ya can, rear springs. Then after ya get some more cash, lockers and gears. I don't have a winch yet, but I would think if your gonna wheel, you would want one someday.

Jason

1.SYE and DS
2.Leaf replacement
3.Rear bumper

That's the order I've gone, and the gears and locking will be left to axles that are actually worth the money invested. I've got a lock-rite in mine which cost me $150, so it wasn't too bad.

You don't need an SYE until you get a bigger lift.
Spend your money on Gears and lockers.
If you get luch box lockers you can install them your self after the gears are installed.
Then get a full leaf pack and relook your priorities. I wasted alot of money on whinches, bumpers, Tire carriers, intake and exhaust before getting gears. The gearing was the best mod ever, The 33's work so much better when you have power to clear them.

Lockers for sure (gears at same time would be optimal)
Adding lockers is like going from two wheel drive to a true four wheel drive.

jeo said:
Lockers for sure (gears at same time would be optimal)
Adding lockers is like going from two wheel drive to a true four wheel drive.

I couldn't agree more. Lockers make a world of difference. If you're running factory gearing do that at the same time. If you're not planning on re-gearing, at least for awhile, and funds are tight then look into a lunchbox locker.

Just my opinion,
Robert

Back