• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Noob Q

Wise_guy20

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys i have 2000 XJ currently with 235/75/15 BFG AT's, my friend just gave me a set of 30 X 9.50 R15 off of his old wranger. just wanted to make sure that these will fit and have no rubbing issues or anything else I should be aware of. thanks
-Wyss

They will probably rub a little but every Jeep is different. Thats a borderline size.

When I was running them on my ' 99 they worked great, no rub.
30x9.5x15 Cooper Discoverer LT/AT's, think new they only measured like 29" though.

If they do rub (and they probably will) then you have a ready-made excuse to buy a 2" Budget Boost...

They might rub a bit on the lower suspension arm up front. However, that's an easy fix but not really neccessary to mess with unless the noise embarrases you. Just remove the steering stops and place a thin washer in front of that welded nut. This will fix the rubbing but your turning radius with be compromised a bit.

On the rear it might rub on the fenders a little with a lot of weight in the back. My 00 XJ had 255/70/16 and they rubbed when a couple of people sat in the back seat. Of course, those tires were approx 30X10.5...way too wide. However, I think some guys have mentioned that a 30x9.5 sometimes rubs a bit in the back on the newer XJ's because of the design change. On my old 88 XJ, 30x9.5 tires never rubbed on the rear fenders.

my tires measure about 29 inches, they aren't even close to rubbing. even when flexed all the way.

a BB will just make it look like the 32 inch fender wells are completely stuffed, and give you a little more room underneath ( I hate hitting my head while trying to change the oil. )

so go ahead cause a BB from Rubi express cost 215 dollars and comes with shocks & brakeline extensions, and installation is simple to do with a couple friends (unless you want to spend 500 bucks for a shop to do it.)

enjoy your 'heep afterwards.

I got a set of 30x9.5 BFG AT's with my Jeep when I bought it. I can see rub marks in the fender well from when they were on it opreviously. Needless to say they will be going on a set of US Wheels Daytona rims and going back on the Jeep ASAP.

Back