• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Those with no-slip; Question....

flash_gordon

NAXJA Forum User
I have a new powertrax no-slip, and I have a question on the operation. (I did a search)
Everything seems to be working fine, I think. When I am driving and step on the gas the jeep pulls to the right for a quick second then stops. Is this normal operation? Everything else seems to be working ok. Chime in and let me know what you guys think.
Thanks Shawn

Are you accelerating slowly or quickly? If I gas it hard from a start, it does momentarily pull a little to the right.

To test it right, take it off-road.

Powertrax No-Slip made by Richmond Gear

It's actually a full locker, so it's definitely better than a Trac-Loc. They run about $350 or so, and are very easy to install yourself.

I have them front and rear. :)

I have a loc right front and limited slip 8.8 rear. the limited slip sucks big time. Ive never noticed a pull though. Does the no slip have discs like a limited slip?

The No-Slip resembles and installs just like the Lock Right (they're both made by Richmond). So no discs.

It is more noticable when I step on the gas harder. I will be testing it offroad today and we shall see.

I had one for two years and loved it. It will pull to the right under hard acceleration. This is a LOCKER not a limited slip, no clutches. I only got rid of mine because I sold the Jeep.

flash_gordon said:
I have a new powertrax no-slip, and I have a question on the operation. (I did a search)
Everything seems to be working fine, I think. When I am driving and step on the gas the jeep pulls to the right for a quick second then stops. Is this normal operation? Everything else seems to be working ok. Chime in and let me know what you guys think.
Thanks Shawn

Yep, it's normal. Mine does the same thing

yeah the pull right is normal,

Maier

Yep, quite normal for it to pull. Non-selectable lockers take some getting used to on the street. I have the no-slip in the back of my DD and after a couple of years of driving it every day I no longer even notice it. Now if I let anyone else drive it they usually come back and ask "what the ^*$$ is wrong with your Jeep?" LOL. The biggest thing to get used to is passing, trying to make that "S" turn around someone while hard on the gas gets interesting with a locker.

Wow, if this is normal It will take some time to get used to. It pulled when I steop on the gas, and let off. Very strange feel.....
Thanks guys,
Shawn

It only happens when you gas it hard. Take it easy and accelerate slowly and smoothly. :laugh3:

I just got mine in a couple weeks ago and i noticed it at first too but after a couple weeks of it in there i dont notice it anymore. Mine will pull to the drivers side slightly when accelerating and when youre holding pressure on the wheel keeping it from pulling, then you let off the gas, its gonna go the other direction because you were holding against the locker. Its normal.

As a side note, mine also made a slight grumbling noise when floating between drive and coast as there is a little play in the locker where the pinion shaft sits. Over time its getting quieter and less noticable. Give it time to break in and get yourself used to it.

My girlfriend drove my jeep one night and she came back and said "i think i broke your jeep....it made a big bang noise when i turned into the grocery store and when i left i had to accelerate hard into traffic and i got it sideways spinning the tires"...... i laughed.

It is a little strange. The thing kicks butt off-road. Took it out today for the first time. Rain, wet rocks, climbs right up things that used to hang me up.

Back