• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blizzak Tires

00Classic

NAXJA Forum User
I have run these tires on all my cars for many years and last year I decided to get a set for the XJ. Let me tell you it felt like I could out run a snowmobile with these tires. Work has since brought us to the hot state of SC and I don't have a need for them. It is time for new tires on the other wheels and I have this set of Blizzaks mounted on 15x8 wheels setting in the garage. My question is do you think there would be any adverse affects running them until they are shot in the heat down here. Bridgestone recommends running them in tempetures colder than 45 degrees. I run the xj alot and don't want to have a safety issue. Problem is they are nerely new and it would be a bigger hassle to try and sell them.

I believe the issue is with the rubber compound. If you run them is the warmer temps the ware to the tire will be much more pronunced..IE faster.
I do not see how there would be a safety issue though.

CW

What made me buy my xj was owning a fiero and being trapped in my house during some blizzard around '96. I swore I would never be that emasculated :laugh3: again...

I threw a pair of blizzaks on it and swore i had 4wd w/tads.

I do remember that the spongy/porous x amount of top tread wore down NOTORIOUSLY fast on pavement, then what was left was basically m/s designation.

I can't recall the ratio between the two compounds, but IIRC there was enough tread depth to qualify for inspection, but please check your states' specs. Or just look for the perpindicular wear bars, and then pitch 'em...

good luck

sv

I'll help you with your problem Classic. Just send em up here to MN and I'll run em this winter to keep em in cold weather use. ;-)

Back