• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

who makes axles for XJ D44

VegasAnthony

NAXJA Forum User
Since I finally got a D44 and now want to uprgrade the axles in the D30
I was wonderin if should look into D44 upgrades>>

tired a search but 34 pgs is just abit to much to read for me :laugh3:
so does anyone make HD axles in a XJ D44 flavor??

Max tire im gonna run on these would be 35's
spoll in the back and selectable locker in the front

I know the D44 is tough but there always a chance right......

or perhaps I should make the axles the weak link in the D44
I think Id rather blow an axle than a ring and pinion :exclamati

I played hell finding a replacement axle for my 44. When the yard DROPPED the axle they bent the left drum and shaft. I went through DC's 4WD and ended up with a TJ shaft I think. It was a touch shorter and the backing plates had to be switched to make it work. It works just fine. I have 35's and never had any rearend problems.

I've been running the Superiors for a few years and they've held up well.
If you get them through DriveTrain Direct make sure they put on the right axle retainers. I bought another set(for spares) from them almost three months ago and they installed TJ D44 axle retainers on them.
I'm still waiting for them to correct their mistake. :rolleyes:

Jes said:
I've been running the Superiors for a few years and they've held up well.
If you get them through DriveTrain Direct make sure they put on the right axle retainers. I bought another set(for spares) from them almost three months ago and they installed TJ D44 axle retainers on them.
I'm still waiting for them to correct their mistake. :rolleyes:

I thought Superior has lifetime warranty on thier axles

If got a set(not from DriveTrain Direct obviously) wouldnt I just use my OEM shafts for spares till I got my replacements??

Wil Badger said:
uhm Yukon might make shafts for it as well

I called PORC for the Yukons ...they are checking on em for me

Basically Im wondering if I should pony up for HD axles or just pick up a OEM set

I tend to hit the skinny pedal a little heavy some times :laugh3:

VegasAnthony said:
I thought Superior has lifetime warranty on thier axles

If got a set(not from DriveTrain Direct obviously) wouldnt I just use my OEM shafts for spares till I got my replacements??

A lifetime warranty won't help me get off the trail if I break one on Outer Limits. ;)
I used my stock shafts as spares but I've since changed to 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern so I can't use them anymore.

VegasAnthony said:
I was wonderin if should look into D44 upgrades.....
so does anyone make HD axles in a XJ D44 flavor??
You could always go with Superior's Super 44 kit. 33 spline axle shafts with a matching Detroit locker. That's what I run. Just another thought to ponder!!!

Back