• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 or upgrade Dana 30

xjdavid1

NAXJA Forum User
I am planning to fit 33" tyres and am wondering if I should fit a Dana 44 or upgrade the Dana 35. I am planning to change the ratios to 4.56 and fit a locker. I dont want to spend money on the Dana 30 if it is going to break. By the way should I fit 4.11 of 4.56 gears for 33" tyres.

you seem to be using D30 and D35 interchangeably. the D30 is a front axle and I would keep it for 33s, but be sure to get the shafts with the larger (297x/760x) joints if you don't already have them. The D35 is a rear axle and it's a bad idea to run it with 33s, especially with a locker. Get a D44, 29 spline 8.25, Ford 8.8, Ford 9, Toy 8", etc for the rear.

between 4.11 and 4.56 gears, I would definitely go with 4.56. I have 4.88s and when I used to have 33s it was perfect.

4th it

xjdavid1 said:
I am planning to fit 33" tyres and am wondering if I should fit a Dana 44 or upgrade the Dana 35. I am planning to change the ratios to 4.56 and fit a locker. I dont want to spend money on the Dana 30 if it is going to break. By the way should I fit 4.11 of 4.56 gears for 33" tyres.
auto or standard trans?

VegasAnthony said:
:flame:

I would say Dana 60's front and rear
ARB's , Cromo axles

Well, he would then be over compensating for his 33s

That D35 is going to explode as soon as you put a locker in it with almost any size tires unless you have an automatic and a real light foot, but that's no fun. Dont waste your money go with the 44

Back