• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 Driveshaft ?

BoC

NAXJA Member #1266
I have a slip type driveshaft in the rear bolted to a 8.25. I have a rustys 3" AAL. When I come to a stop or take off, its like my suspension is loading up, or letting go, it makes a knocking. Is that because my springs are weak, because of AAL's. I dont have bad ujoints. I dont have excessive play in the rear. 80,000 miles on it. New trans mount. If yall have any input I would appreciate it. Thanks

Well I guess I didnt make my self clear. I was thinking because theres a slip joint in the DS, it might be that. I think im going to mount a camcorder under my truck, and see WTF is going on. NEVER mind i got this one.

Give it some friggin' time - only an hour between your initial question and your grumpy reply; not everyone has the time to answer immediately.

It sounds like the yoke is hitting because of the driveshaft angle. That's been discussed many times though. Another thing to look at with the stock driveshaft is the slip yoke itself; make sure it's greased.

Back