• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tranny fluid question

wulf711

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I replaced my radiator on my 2K XJ, also dropped the pan and replaced the fluid and filter in the AW4. Now the question if how much fluid....

I had to cut the tranny dipstick in order to get the pan out ( I know it is a 2 piece but it got stuck) so I think it may be a little off. I have about a gallon in it now and it is not giving me the power it should and does not like to shift. I have not driven it b/c I do not want to burn it up. any info would be greatly appreciated. Also any idea of how much fluid the torque converter holds?

Gabe

Gabe, you lose about 4 1/2 quarts when you drop the pan, but the entire system holds about 8 qts or more. You really need to get the dipstick to give an accurate reading somehow, or adjust for the error. If it's slipping, you definitely don't have enough fluid in it.

Back