• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiring speakers for doorless outings

olivedrabcj7

NAXJA Member #1384
im thinking of adding a pair of 6x9's in the back seat area for when i take my doors off. i have a 97 2 door and the only speakers in it are in the doors. any ideas of how to wire up some speakers for the rear? do i have to wire them into the CD player or can i tap into speaker wire elsewhere?

olivedrabcj7 said:
im thinking of adding a pair of 6x9's in the back seat area for when i take my doors off. i have a 97 2 door and the only speakers in it are in the doors. any ideas of how to wire up some speakers for the rear? do i have to wire them into the CD player or can i tap into speaker wire elsewhere?

At the CD player, Green set is left, Purple set is Right.

Tappng into existing speaker wire is usually not a good idea as you will end up changing the ohm load that the receiver is seeing. This can burn up the amp prematurely. A better option would be these;

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JaCxZ0PBK50/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=182850&I=044K3010A1

Just use the speaker wires from the front doors, and forget about the speakers in the doors. That way you have front speakers with or without doors.

Brad

Back