• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Rigid Rear Bumper with Carrier Pics

Starscream

NAXJA Forum User
I recently e-mailed Terry at RigidCo about their front bumper and also asked about the rear tire carrier.

I haven't seen them posted yet, so here they are:

Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier:
acdcba.jpg

acdd10.jpg

I love the adjustable design. I've gotta get on of these. :guitar:

did you have to pay extra for the gerry can mount or is it included, and how solid does it feel with all the gear on it? doh, i guess you wouldn't know since you just emailed him about it.

Last edited:
That adjustability feature is REALLY cool, and I would have never thought about that. But that bumper over all looks very tough and streamlined with the body.

he does very good work and is pretty cheap for what you get.he lives about 30 minutes from me and i have stopped at his shop when i picked up my front bumper.he showed me the back bumper and what makes it up.when i need i new rear bumper he is who i'm going to.

"The rear bumper does have hilift mounting brackets that adjust up and down along the vertical supports. Also the jcan mount is included."We now build an upgraded version of the FbW, the FbW2, see attached pics. It has the same price as the FbW, $420 raw. I've also attached pics of our rear tire carrier bumper. Price is $575 unfinished. " Terry at RIGID
That was what Terry Quoted when he sent me the same pics.

What's the status on their rear bumper ends that wrap around and fit with cut and folded rear sheet metal? That's what I would like to see a pic of. Of course, I usually build my own stuff. Jeff

BlueGerbil said:
Ugly!
And perhaps you could mount the jerry can and the tire carrier EVEN HIGHER.

Check out the Kaymar- or TJM-bumper.
Not everyone cares about looks(not that these are ugly).. Its all about function. So i guess you dont like C-roks either because it sits to high? Well find me another carrier/bumper that has clearance like this with a 35" tire.
moab2.jpg

moab1.jpg

I know how patent laws work. I have two of them, but not on this part. So techincally the only thing that would stop someone from copying it would be ethics. That is why I just simply said ask permission. If it was patented then legally copying a design takes more than a verbal permision. But it all a moot point because it two parts are completely different.
Dirk Pitt said:
Do you have a patent? Is your design registered?

If not what would stop him from copying it?

Back