• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2003 Grand Cherokee Motor In 88 Xj

markaboo929

NAXJA Forum User
My Question Is That I Want To Know If Everything From My Old Motor 88 Renix Will Bolt On Like Brakets For Alt A/c P/s Etc... Not Worried About Exhaust Or Throttle Cable Or Fuel Rail As I Am Going To Use The Returnless Fuel Rail And Modify Mine To Use That System Just Wanted To Know If The Mounting Brakets Bolt On

markaboo929 said:
Wow Ask A Question On Something Simple As Motor But Wow Ask About Lift Blocks Or Stroker And Hold On A Gazillion Replyies Thanx Guys

Wow, a whole 56 minutes went by at 6:00 am on the West Coast and you haven't gotten a reply?

WTF is wrong with this place?

CRASJ

markaboo929 said:
My Question Is That I Want To Know If Everything From My Old Motor 88 Renix Will Bolt On Like Brakets For Alt A/c P/s Etc... Not Worried About Exhaust Or Throttle Cable Or Fuel Rail As I Am Going To Use The Returnless Fuel Rail And Modify Mine To Use That System Just Wanted To Know If The Mounting Brakets Bolt On

To answer your questiuons in order:

No, no, no.

Hope that helps.

Thanx Xjnation At Least I Got Somekind Of Reply At 6 Am And Who The Hell Goes On Line At 6 Am Anyways :) Im Still In Bed Although I Am Dreaming In Xj Sorry On East Coast 3 Hrs. Difference

Hey, I answer your questions, and I don't get a thank you?

Also, easy on the capital letters.

CRASH

xjnation said:
Gee have you always been a whiney jerk or just here?

He'll fit in just fine.

:)

the puter at work needs caps to operate-i work at a gm dealership as a tech-our system for ro#s is set up that way.keep forgetin to switch it.THANK YOU for reply crash.i come on here frequently to see whats up.FWIW i am a master ase tech and have been in this field for 17+ years and own 2 88 xj's for about 5 years now.1 heavily modified 1 stock.jsut figured if someone else has done this-as i am doing- i might avoid any other issues before hand.btw it is going in regardless.

markaboo929 said:
Sooo I Guess I Go At It Alone Huh? Ok No Problem Then .just Don't Ask Any Questions Unless U Want Stupid Answers!!! That Is When I Am Finished.

WTF do you want?

Look at post #4 by Crash. He answered every related question you asked.

markaboo929 said:
Sooo I Guess I Go At It Alone Huh? Ok No Problem Then .just Don't Ask Any Questions Unless U Want Stupid Answers!!! That Is When I Am Finished.

Well, if you are a mechanic at a dealerships, you should not have a great problem looking at the front of two engines and noticing that the mounts are not all the same, but they are pretty freaking close and you can probably make it work. The first question one would have to ask is why? You are going to go through a -lot- of work, have to significantly change your smog and ignition systems, not to mention fuel (which you have covered) and only gain.. 45 horsepower? Rebuild the 88, throw a 91 head on with a bored throttle body, 24# injectors, a decent header and call it done. If you want to go all out, ask about doing a 4.6-4.8L stroker on the 88, the older ignition/computer systems are great for it - you will find a LOT of feedback on it here.

On an unrelated note, I have to ask as I maintain computer systems for several GM dealerships .. what program are you using that capitolized the first letter of each word? Most local GM shops are using Reynolds and Reynolds .. which .. doesnt do that. ;)

-C

Adp For Me And Actualy I Am Looking At Both Motors And All The Mods I Can See Are To Drill At Tape The Bosses That Jeep -chrysler-did Not Finish And My 88 Has 195,000 Very Tired Miles So A 2003 Grand Motor With 10,000 Miles For 700 Bucks Is Well Worth The Hasle Be It Small For Me To Do And I Will Have No Cats With Adjustable Map Sensor And I Have A Spark Box That Allows Me To Adjust My Timing Acordingly Also Did I Mention We Have A Dynojet Dyno Machine On Site To Check My Mods.

markaboo929 said:
Adp For Me And Actualy I Am Looking At Both Motors And All The Mods I Can See Are To Drill At Tape The Bosses That Jeep -chrysler-did Not Finish And My 88 Has 195,000 Very Tired Miles So A 2003 Grand Motor With 10,000 Miles For 700 Bucks Is Well Worth The Hasle Be It Small For Me To Do And I Will Have No Cats With Adjustable Map Sensor And I Have A Spark Box That Allows Me To Adjust My Timing Acordingly Also Did I Mention We Have A Dynojet Dyno Machine On Site To Check My Mods.

For that $700, you could rebuild the 4.0 in the 88 and be back where you started. No cat's? Do you plan on smogging this vehicle? Did the newer $700 engine come with the computers and ignition system, or are you going to try and use the older intake/fuel rail/ignition system with your renix computer?

I Am Going To Use The Intake/fuel Rail/exhaust Manifolds That Came With The Motor And Using The Throttle Body As Well-came With Motor Also-all With The Renix Computer And Sensors Except For The Tps I Am Using The One For The 03 Grand Just Slotted The Mounting Holes To Make It Adjustable-5 Spd Manual Trans-no Auto Tps For Renix Trans Puter-the Fuel Rail Is A Returnless Type-benifit Of Non Heated Fuel Back To Tank-that Set Up Is Emissions Related-heated Fuel Gives Of More Vapor-easy To Do The Fuel Filter For The 03 Grand Has 3 Lines 1 To Fuel Rail 1 To Fuel Pump 1 To Return Line-which Is Also The Pressure Regulator Built Into It.easy To Install With Hoses At Stock 88 Fuel Filter Location.the Exhaust Has 2 Smaller Monifols Will Have Muffler Shop Down The Street Build Me A Small Y Pipe To Connect To Stock Down Pipe.try Building A Good Stroker Motor For Under 1000 Bucks Is Hard To Do So For Me I Think It Will Work Very Well Stock Grand Motor Is Rated At 195 Hp And 230 Ft Lbs. No Cats Adjustable Fuel Ratio And Adjustable Timing With A Crane Cdi Ignition Set Up I Believe I Can Squess Out Some Extra Power And Torque From That.

Back