• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8 inch lift help

suthernoutlaw

NAXJA Forum User
i bought a 91 xj with an eight inch lift. my front wheels are too far back and was wondering if anyone knows the length from eye to eye on the lca's and uca's. i think they had a four inch lift and put bigger springs.

Been a few months since I last had the long arms off, But I'm pretty sure I am running 36 inch long arms (bolt center to bolt center) and 16.5 inch (bolt center to bolt center) uppers on Rustys LA setup at 8 inches.

Yeah, short arms on 8+ of lift is not a good idea. At 4.5" my short arms are at a pretty severe angle, i dont even want to know what yours look like. You either need to lower it to around 5-6" and add some drop brackets or convert to long arms. Of course you could always go w/ a mid arm setup, but that requires a lot of fab.

suthernoutlaw said:
cant afford long arms yet, im gonna get the uca's and lca's made for now till i get the money for longarms

Find some used drop brackets or something then, to last youf or now .. man, thats gotta be a horrid ride.

the angles are pretty bad and it rides like it has no suspension, when i hit a bump it slams, i figured if i got the right length arms it would fix it but sounds like it wont do much. on top of that DEATH WOBBLE like u wouldnt believe at anywhere over 45. if i could find a cheaper long arm set-up i would go with that.

Cheap and long arm just don't go hand in hand.look to spend an easy grand just for the front suspension.your best bet is to drop it back down to exeptable levels.4 or 5 inches.any more than that and you need drop brackets.really even at 5 inches you are pushing it with out drop down brackets

tealcherokee said:
jesus....buy long arms.....or drop it back down to 4"

sounds like a serioulsy rigged lift

or buy some drop brackets
search ebay for RE or trailmaster ones or slap leather for a new set

sounds like an unfinshed lift to me, hope you got a good deal

longer arms in the stock mounts will help recenter the axle toward the front but not help with the craptastic ride of the arms pointing nearly verticle from the body mounts to the axle..

Rusty's isn't bad.they changed things around.i have a Rustys 8" lift and it has held up to my abuse which is a lot.it can hold up.
take a look at mine and see what it has gone through
photo gallery

I have a Long Arm Upgrade here in Canada for sale 220 USD +shipping
weld on kit, no bushings, will take stock bushings

The photos
My 91 with 7"-8" lift 33's

Long Arm welded on just in front of crossmember

Long Arm Upgrade (for lifts 4" to 8")

Fred H
Truch Stuff

xjcat said:
I have a Long Arm Upgrade here in Canada for sale 220 USD +shipping