• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A few fuel pump questions and 1 exhaust questions

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
When I changed my fuel pump the other day, I am 99% certain that I didn't mess up the +/- connection on the pump. After changing it, I got it to start and run for almost 2 minutes. If I had them on wrong, it wouldn't have run at all right? It has not started since, by the way.

The Chilton guide says to be sure not to swap an MPI for a TBI fuel pump or vice versa, but it show an MPI pump for pre-1996 in the guide. Mine is a 1990, so is there anyway possible, I had an MPI and swapped in a TBI, or are there enough differences that I would tell on the install? The one I took out and the one I put in were vertially identical.

If I cut my exhaust pipe with a sawzall, to seperate components (since they are rusty) to check for a possible clog, I could just get a sleeve and sleeve over the cuts ans secure it with 2 muffler clamps to repair the cut damage, correct?

I am almost to wits end with this dang machine.

I thought about that, but it seems that after about 12 hours, no one reads or responds to the posts, so when my question changes, my thread changes!!

Back