• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help!!!!!!

cherokee Wheeler10

NAXJA Forum User
k I was changing out my radator on my 90 cherokee and when i was done i went to start it and nothing so i took my starter down they said it was fine...... so they said try changing out my egnition switch i am having extreme trouble with changing that does anyone have any tricks for that and i tried to jump the starter and i still did not start what could it be.....

???????? after putting in the new radator i went to start it and nothing......Read the book talked to the guys at the auto parts store and that what we came up with...IF i jumped the starter shouldnt the enginge start tho....

check your battery conection; sometimes you may accidentely bump it
is there any power at all to any of the acessories like the heator if yes turn the key to the run posision and try cranking it if the heater shorts out its probably eather the + or - battery post. Or corroded wires.

k I got it to start it was a break in the starter relay so......... i got the whole ignition back together and went to go check to make sure it still worked and still did not work i used the original ingition switch because it worked before i put it together.... Now it wont work again SOOO should i

A) tear it all apart and try to find out what is going wrong
OR
B) just wire a on off switch for the starter because everything else will work just fine and with just a simple switch i can start my car..

which would be better i want to just wire a switch it gets me back on the trail faster.. but is that any problems with that...

I bet it's just a bad starter relay

to tell for sure it's the relay:
turn your ignition switch to 'run'
pop your hood
use a little piece of wire to jump the starter relay terminals between the ingition input and the starter output
if it starts and runs, that's your problem

get a new starter relay for $7 at autozone; it takes like 10 minuites to put it in
make sure they sell you the right one, they tried to sell me a different one for my 89 XJ than it had on it.

Back