• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

doors too heavy?

gump

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I've been scanning the many pages that came up with the search, but I can't find any opinions on this. I want to do the whole lift-off door thing, but I'm concerned that the doors on a two door are too heavy for the half-hinges to adequately support them. Thoughts? Please?

gump said:
Ok, I've been scanning the many pages that came up with the search, but I can't find any opinions on this. I want to do the whole lift-off door thing, but I'm concerned that the doors on a two door are too heavy for the half-hinges to adequately support them. Thoughts? Please?

It works on 2drs, Did mine while back.

Have done mine as well. Yes, those suckers are deff. heavier then the 4 door, but as long as you dont hang on them when they are not closed or anything like that they will be fine.

Starboard M said:
Have done mine as well. Yes, those suckers are deff. heavier then the 4 door, but as long as you dont hang on them when they are not closed or anything like that they will be fine.

I have a 2dr, with removable doors, worry not little tooper.

Rev

fear not, my child

97xj084.jpg

tealcherokee said:
yeah, my 2 door has removable doors too, they creak a little while opening, thats it

Hell, mine creak more than a little, and I haven't touched the hinges...

Robert

Back