• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Lift Creaks Bad

Xjforme

NAXJA Forum User
Just had a 3" Black Dimond lift put on my 2000 XJ. I'm running 30x9.5x15 and the rest of the XJ is stock. I'm haveing bad creaking noises when I go over bumps or pull in my driveway. Is this typical of a new lift? The lift is an add-a-leaf with new front coils. Both Front and Rear creak really bad.

Xjforme said:
Just had a 3" Black Dimond lift put on my 2000 XJ. I'm running 30x9.5x15 and the rest of the XJ is stock. I'm haveing bad creaking noises when I go over bumps or pull in my driveway. Is this typical of a new lift? The lift is an add-a-leaf with new front coils. Both Front and Rear creak really bad.
Did you add new bushings if not there now running is a different spot then they were before the lift.

Xjforme said:

How many mile since it was put on? Any wheeling since it was installed?

May be time for your re-torque.

I haven't added new bushing yet. I plan on taking it to the shop that installed it in a couple of days to tighten everthing down. I havent' wheeled yet and I think I have put 200 miles on the car since the install. I think it may be time to tighten the bolts because it didn't make these noises 150 miles ago.

Xjforme said:
I haven't added new bushing yet. I plan on taking it to the shop that installed it in a couple of days to tighten everthing down. I havent' wheeled yet and I think I have put 200 miles on the car since the install. I think it may be time to tighten the bolts because it didn't make these noises 150 miles ago.

Sounds about right. :) 9/10 times I've heard this complaint that's what it is.

Back