• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering shimmy..

xjranger

NAXJA Forum User
just recently picke up a '01 xj (stock). noticing at 55mph (not faster or slower) a slight but noticeable shimmy in through the steering wheel. wondering one of 2 places to start looking:
1. wheel alignment
2. wheel balance

suggestions? thanks all..

Ranger

They both sound like good places to start. By shimmy u mean its vibrating slightly right? If thats the case i would just take it down to your alignment shop and have them check the alignment and the wheel balance.

thanks for the confirmation of what i suspected. i would like to add to this post also...

i have changed my handle from xjranger to Rat Patrol. first my apologies to xj_ranger who was here first, and in my late night registration cloud of newbie-ness i did not notice that i could search the members handles so i would not grab someone elses. i mean REALLY, how many xjrangers are there? obviously more than one. so to avoid confusion and respect to members of this fine site i defer to xj_ranger, thanks for not flaming me on that one. (i'll still sign off as Ranger). thanks guys,

Ranger

Back