• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Lizard Fab Lift

DBenz

NAXJA Forum User
Since I recently got another XJ (97 country) I was thinking of lifting it about 2" or so and putting on some 30s just for messing around. I have looked at the rock lizard fab site befroe adn think that their instruction 2.25" lift would be a good route to go. Has anyone else followed their instructions and done this lift?

The parts list seems easy enough to acquire, except I can't find any Monroe Sensatrac Shocks for Jeep. Can anyone help me out on this?

Is there a better route to go with netting about 2-2.5" of lift? My 97 looks pretty sad now, it's got .75" over factory (18.25" from center hub) in the front and 1" under factory (16") in the rear. Thanks in advance,

You can use stock brake lines (unbolt the front from the wheel well) and shocks with the rocklizard lift, just replace them if you go any higher after that.

PM me if you have any ?'s, I've lifted 2 jeeps this way.

Rock Lizard is the ONLY person I know of who has used a second XJ main leaf for an AAL and gotten (or claimed to have gotten) 2+ inches of lift. One of the NAC guys did it with his then-new 2000 XJ and got 1-1/2". I did it with a 1988 XJ in 2003 that had 165,000 miles on it and I grossed 1-1/4" of lift -- and since the rear had sagged 1/2" (which is why I was doing it) the NET lift was only 3/4" higher than "stock."

It's a good budget lift for adding load capacity without getting crazy heights, but don't do it thinking you'll get 2-1/2" of lift, because more than likely you won't.

If you have the full leaf packs for the donor springs, you may have to add in the main and second leaves to get the height you're looking for.

Eagle, thanks for the honest opinion. I guess trial and error will be the key to figuring this out, but since you mentioned this, I will start off with using the main and second leaves from the donor pack and see how that measures up.

jfiscus, have you encountered this problem as well? You say you've done 2 jeeps like this, what lift did you gain in the rear? and was it only with th emain leaf added on?

Back