• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fairly basic lift / tire question

Andrew T

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all. I did some searching, but didn't find EXACTLY what I need...

I have a 2001 XJ Sport. I just have the basic 5 spoke stock steel wheels and hate them. I just bought a set of 31x10.5x15 at's, and want to mount them, but need a plan of action first.

I have coil spring spacers, but I'm trying to decide if shackles in the rear will be enough or if I need an AAL?

Also, I'm looking at a set of the black steel wheels. With 4" backspacing, should I run a 7" or 8" wide wheel?

Thanks in advance guys,

Andrew

I would purchase wheels based on what I eventually expect to run not what I am currenty running. A 7" rim would be better for the 31x10.5's but the 8" rim would work and would be better if you eventually plan or using a larger tire.

4" of BS is fine (anywhere between 3.75 and 4.5 should work for you)

I would go with a 2" long aal instead of the shackle but that is just my preferance. It will support the leaf pack instead of add stress to it like the shackle will do.

Michael

Ok. When I go to the next lift, I'm going to be getting beadlocks, so I'm not worried about that. I think I'll just get the 15x7's.

Thanks

Back