• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AA SYE & TnT Customs HD T-Case Skid Installed

SharkXJ

NAXJA Member #1177
Didn't take any pix of the install cause we didn't really feel like stopping to take pix. Started Friday evening and ony got to the point where you have to pull the Front yolk on the t-case cause we didn't have a 1 1/8 socket. Dummy that I am, didn't read all of the instructions before hand to see what tools would be needed. We got back to it on Saturday morning and it was fairly easy. The hardest part was getting the snap rings off. Bought a snap ring tool (Kragen POS) and it kind of sucked so we had to get a little creative. We also decided to leave the T-case bolted to the rig. Just made more sence.

Here is a pic of the SYE
47b5d626b3127cce931b65b28b8100000016108AaNmrVu0ZNs

Man I tell you, if you don't have the TnT customs T-Case skid I HIGHLY recomend getting one.
47b5d626b3127cce931b65cf0acc00000016108AaNmrVu0ZNs

Look at the clearence (rear DL not in yet). The skid will work even with out an SYE. They have integrated a 1" drop in the skid, mean while the t-case gets tucked up about an inch more then stock.
47b5d626b3127cce931b65b68b8500000016108AaNmrVu0ZNs

The hardest part about installing the skid was you have to drill two 3/4" holes (YEAH 3/4"!!!) for the supports.
47b5d626b3127cce931b65ca8bf900000016108AaNmrVu0ZNs

One minor thing about the skid is I am going to have to cut it right under the front driveline. There is only about 3/4" of an inch clearence between the DL and the skid and when I raise it or flex it will hit.

I am ordering the CV DS from Southbay Driveline in San Jose on Monday morning. I will have updated pix once I get that on.

The weekend of the 13th I am going to throw on RE 1.25" lift shackles, RE Adjustable UCA's in the front along with 4.5" Coils (I am at 3.5" now)

Want to say a BIG thanks to my buddy Aaron for his help on this project

Any questions / comments let me know.

Late...

SharkXJ said:
They have integrated a 1" drop in the skid, mean while the t-case gets tucked up about an inch more then stock...

Is this right?

Wouldn't a 1" drop lower the t-case, not tuck it up further?

:dunno:

Robert

Edit: Maybe the crossmember is tucked up higher...

nevermind

I_1BADXJ_I said:
Is this right?

Wouldn't a 1" drop lower the t-case, not tuck it up further?

:dunno:

Robert

Edit: Maybe the crossmember is tucked up higher...

nevermind
I believe it does both because the tnt does not have a gap between the two layers like the stock one. It is only on piece

rock rash said:
I believe it does both because the tnt does not have a gap between the two layers like the stock one. It is only on piece

You got it, it does both. They did an awesome job with it and put time into the design.

Check out there web site tntcustoms.com.

Late...

Back