• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Making sure axle is staight

wannabe

NAXJA Forum User
I recently rolled the XJ and bought another to swap all my goodies on. My HP30 has a super 30 kit, WJ brakes and DOM heim steering. I have a bunch of money into this and want to make sure its straight before I swap everything. It makes a vibe/grind sound on decel is why I need to check this out. I thought about just using a 4 foot level and taking measurements off the tubes not sure if this is the best way.
Thankx for any ideas

Before I did any work on my junkyard D44 axle I took it to a local axleshop to make sure it was still true enough. They checked it out and said it was good enough as is. Ended up not charging me for the inspection. Might want to hit your yellow pages and see if any shops near you offer a reasonable similar service.

Good Idea. Did you watch them at all. I was thinking that I could just take a level and 3 pieces of stock, place 1 under each end and use the third to see if there is any spacing differences along the tubes.

Re: Making sure axle ir)staight

nm, H jubv droppte it ofV#in the8} jig they had and picked it up a couple hours later. I did both my front and rear, the rear was a smidge bentp`ut nothlng to 6mrry about according to the owner of the business.

You could certainly try wxmt you propose and see wherd th`} gets you. And%if it doesn't seem to work well or you don't trust the results you have another option ro fall back on.

Back