• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

difference between waggy&cherokee???

nitrospeed

NAXJA Forum User
Can i buy parts for my 88 wagoneer from 88cherokee list. For ex, will arb bumpers bolt up the same and other mods? I also cannot find a new center section grill piece for mine any help?? thanks

Structurally, no difference.

The Waggy has the 4-light headlamp set (which means the headlight buckets are different, the marker lights and grille may be different,) and the "wood panelling," as well as different taillights (red/white vice red/amber/white - the waggy turn signals are red.) Apart from that, you should be able to use pretty much anything off an Cherokee on your Waggy - they're both listed as "XJ" in OEMR parts catalogues, and the only differences I've seen relate to what I mentioned and to exterior trim. A Waggy is little more than a restyled Cherokee.

5-90

x2, you could probably swap a cherokee front nose panel if you wanted to. i was going to buy a 87' wagoneer from a friend a few months ago, but it got sold before i had a chance. It had a dana 44 rear, 4.0, AW4, NP242. It ran fine, but the transfer case was damaged. It was sold for $200 to another friend of ours. I don't think he ever even got the money. sometimes life sucks

Back