• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5" lift 33x12.5????

witt

NAXJA Forum User
ive got the RE 4.5" lift (the one with the leafpacks)..... i wanted to put 33x12.5 in there. i know that they wont fit with the stock flares BUT would i be able to with TJ fares and trimming? and what size wheel and backspacing do you guys reccomend. if they stick out it doesnt matter because i will have a set specially for wheelin and one for street.... im set for street so yea.. i need wheelin tires + wheels....

plz help

thanks

I'm runnin 33x12.50s w/ 15x8s, 4" backspacing on 4" lift w/ YJ flares.

same idea, it rubs a tiny bit in the rear, but only when I really beat on it.

if you do some good trimming youll be able to fit them in there.

as for wheels go for the 8 inch with the 3.75 backspacing. i had the 10 inch first but they were harder to balcance and when i switched to 8 inch wheels my death wobble completely went away. go with the 8's death wobble sucks!

post some pics for us when you get it all together!

I have 4.5" of lift and 33x12.5's also. I do have to have a lot of bumpstop in the front to stop them from coming through the inner fender but it works well. I have 15x8 3.75" BS and YJ flares. The rear does not rub at all but I do not have a stardard leaf spring set up in rear or longer shackle so they do not flex as well as yours probably would. Only thing I would do differently is to hack more of the back fender well and re-weld it back together than I did. I just trimmed all the edge and left the main structure alone, but next time I would cut it out and move the inner fender up to provide more room.

HTH,
Michael

i noticed that you two are using YJ flares rather than TJ flares? is there any difference or is it just preference?

and will 3.75-4.00" of backspacing make the tires stick out far or will they be tucked into (within the fender flares)?

and i dont have to worry about vibs.... ive already got the SYE

I used the YJ flares because they are cheaper.

if you need coverage, I'd suggest TJ Sahara flares and 15X8's w/ 4" backspacing. that should just cover it. as far as tuckin' here's how my setup stuffs:

flexin11.jpg

how faw would the tires stick out with 4.5" of backspacing? and would it be bad for the fender rubbing?

The inside of the tire would certainly attack the lower control arms up front with 4.5" BS.
Go with the 3.75" BS, they give you a wider stance and keep the tires farther away from the LCA's.
If you worry about the outside of the tire getting into the flares, run bumpstops or just use the sahara flares mentioned earlier. They should be out far enough to stay safe.

ok . . . (stupid question) what gives me a wider stance? less backspacing (3") or more backspacing? (4.5")? cuz its like 5 opinions all conflicting (except the TJ flare thing)

backspacing is the measure from the wheel's mounting surface to the back of the wheel.

less backspacing will make the wheel stick out further.

Back