• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting another XJ....

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all...havnt posted here in a while b/c stuff got tight around here so i had to sell my rig, but anyways, i'm back into it and about to buy another XJ, its gonna be pre-97 though b/c i liked my 93 better than my 00...anyways, i checked out a 93 yesterday and i was just wondering what the OEM front bumper is on a 93 Sport...this one had a chrome bumper and i thought chrome only came on the "classics" and what not. Aside from that underneath on the driveshaft side of the muffler there is a scuff mark, and i noticed there is also the same size scuff on the driveshaft itself, should i be looking out for something wrong w/ the driveline now?? Thanks for any input.

As far as the scuff goes I had the same thing on my Dakota. The muffler clamps loosened a little and the muffler shifted too close to the shaft. It didn't rub during normal driving but when I loaded up the bed the muffler rubbed the driveshaft.
Just my $.02

Thats a good thought, i'll check out if the exhaust is loose when i go test drive it today. Thanks

JeepXJ93 said:
Thats a good thought, i'll check out if the exhaust is loose when i go test drive it today. Thanks

Just jiggle and move it BEFORE you start it up, other wise we will have to get you a sign...

I've never seen a Sport with a chrome bumper, it was even an option on my Country edition to have the chrome package vs painted. My guess would be that it was put on by someone who wanted the chrome look. It could have even been dealer installed who knows.

Ok, the guy actually admitted that it rear ended someone and they found it in a junkyard for cheap so thats why its chrome, as for the exhaust it was solid, but the motor was making a horrible whinning noise, then after i parked it an antifreeze hose blew, in a nutshell, i didnt like the fact that it was in an accident, and the loud noise coming from under the hood that sounded like bad bearings from somewhere, so the search continues. Thanks for the replies.

JeepXJ93 said:
Ok, the guy actually admitted that it rear ended someone and they found it in a junkyard for cheap so thats why its chrome, as for the exhaust it was solid, but the motor was making a horrible whinning noise, then after i parked it an antifreeze hose blew, in a nutshell, i didnt like the fact that it was in an accident, and the loud noise coming from under the hood that sounded like bad bearings from somewhere, so the search continues. Thanks for the replies.

Kind of interesting the way you put it 'it rear ended someone' is alot different than 'it was rear ended', with the other problems I'd walk away too. There are too many nice ones out there, did you check www.autotrader.com, there were alot of nice ones last year and quite a few pop up when I look for jeeps for people that want me to find them a good one. Alot of those nice ones seemed to turn up in NJ and they might be worth a ride to look at...

I got mine in North Jersey on Autotrader and 10k miles later no issues... I ended up looking at a bunch off if this site as well

yea i have been looking, ive decided to finish paying off the Blazer first then sell it and find an XJ, its gonna be a long depressing winter...lol. Something to look foward to though. Thanks again for the info, let me know if any of you guys go wheeling in this area and want someone to ride shot gun, i'm dying to get back in the trails.

Back