• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To lift or not to lift...

RyleyF

NAXJA Forum User
Well I got home from vacation yesterday, with my new Rusty's 3" full pack kit sitting out front, thanks to the UPS man. I really really want to get the damn thing on and over with, but I'm going to drive to Charlotte and back tomorrow (about 180 miles each way). I'm positive I can get the kit on today no problem, but is there anything I should be wary about by driving it right after putting a kit on? Should I bring a torque wrench with me? :p I can always just con my mom into letting me borrow her car for the long trip (better mpg anyway!) if something goes wrong, but what do you guys think?

You could have alignment issues that will cause tire wear and the dreaded death wobble. I installed my suspension and didn't take it the alignment man right away. For about a week I was wobbling and shaking all over. After a visit to the local shop no problems.

Could it be done? Yes. Personally I would wait. I would do it when you knew that you didn't have to be anywhere anytime soon. Little things can hang you up like Broken bolts, missing hardware,misc little hang ups. Remember, it all looks good on paper, until you actually start turning wrenches & find what looked like a 3 hour job turns into 2 days.

Patience being in a hurry usally gets you in trouble in a hurry.

Goodluck

Rob

Well, I'm going to take my mom's car tomorrow to Charlotte, so I started the lift about 10:00 this morning. I just finally finished the rear end, and now I have 5 inches!!! from the 3" leaf packs in the back. It looks absolutely retarded. So now i'm startin on the front end, hopefully it levels out :D

I'm really suprised though, my jeep is an 89, and I only broke one bolt, and that was an exhaust hanger, $1.49 later and I'm back in business.

yea i dk why but i got 5.5" in the rear from my rustys 3" springs and about 3.5 in the front... i had to order more parts to make it driveable and level now im waiting on that

Yep, I got 5 in the rear, and exactly 3 up front. Couldn't be happier. I had a little bit of a vibration without the t-case drop, but that's a given, and with it, it rides like buttah. Seriously, this thing is a bit bouncy in the rear (hehe) but it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay smoother than stock. I'll attribute that to the new shocks though ;)

Back