• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stupid small parts questions

DeftwillP

NAXJA Forum User
First: Does anybody know what size screw holds the corner turn signals to the bezel? Of the four screw points, one my bezels became stripped so I moved up to a bigger machine screw at all four locations to keep the lenses in place. This eventually caused the the upper mounting screw point on both bezels to crack. Now, I don't have the OEM screws or know their size. But I have ordered new bezels and would like to put in the proper size so as not to break them like the OEM ones.

Second: What is the name of this little piecey thingey? When you remove the inside door skin and gain access to the window/lock/handle panel, there is a small metal clip that holds each switch at top and bottom to the panel. I have lost the top one on my passenger side door and if you use any kind of force to operate the switch, it falls deeper into the door.

Those screws are probably SEMS trim screws or something similar - but I think you can get away with a longish #6 sheetmetal screw with a small round head. You may find it helpful to "pack" the hole with silicone when you put it all back together - epoxy will not allow for the screw to pass and you'll crack the headlight trim bucket.

Second - if you give me your year, I may be able to look up and see if that clip it available separately. I think I know what you're talking about (it's holding the power door/window switch pack in, right?) but I'd like to be sure before I give you an answer on that.

5-90

I think you've got the right area as far as the clip is concerned. Its a 96, you don't remember from all the other troubles I've sent you through ; )

Geez Will, you're putting me through the wringer here!

Since 1996 was a transition year, I'm loath to check out any other OEMR parts catalogues, and my 1996 isn't listing the windows switches, for some odd reason.

I'm sure a way could be found to "fake up" a good mount - but I'd have to see the thing to be sure. I've not had to tackle that with my 89 Limited, and I'm not sure my switches would be the same as yours anyhow. You can mail the thing to me if you want... Or, I might be able to figure something out from pix (but no guarantees there.)

5-90

I figured they would be the same in all years 96 and under. I've tried wedging small pieces of metal and what not in there, but it never works.

Well, the OEMR catalogue I checked was 1994-1996, and I don't have one for 1991-1993 (which fact I should correct someday - need to find someone who has one.)

I even looked through Small Parts, Inc to see if they had anything that "felt" right - no dice.

If I could get a good look at the thing, I could probably dope out some sort of "alternate retention," and even money sez I could find a way to make it somewhat invisible - or at least visually neutral. I'd just need to have one to play with - either in a virtual or literal sense...

5-90

I lost the original piece. I don't want to take one out of another spot because it might not go back in. I'll probably just wait until someone is parting out and grab one then.

Back