• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Caravan from the Raleigh Area?

I am leaving Robbins sometime Wednesday, but unclear exactly what time. I usually take 220 to 64W and hit I-40 in Mocksville @ exit 168.

Thanks(?) to the General Assembly, we are getting 10 extra vacation days again in lieu of a pay-raise this year...so that means I can 'afford' to take Wed-Fri off.

I had planned to leave after work Wed, so as not to burn up too much vac time before Moab. That is no longer a worry :)

If we want to caravan...let's keep this thread alive and see what works out.

I'm leaving some time Wednesday from the South side of the Carolina's. Not sure what route I'll take or what time I'm leaving! Wonder if I can get out by noon.

Woody, you have to be comming right by here almost, I take 64 to 40 also not sure on the exact exit though. Then you stay on 40 till ashville right?

Raleigh caravan

Well, as of a couple of hours ago Grant will not be coming with me? Could change but I am not counting on it.

I plan to leave wednesday am out of Chapel Hill. I am up for any companionship on the road.....Jenny(the dog) doesn't say much.

woody

saw another post that you had new meats. What did you do with the old ones? I would not mind trying a set of used 33s on the XJ after next week to see what interferes with what.

Keith, you want to caravan up? Me and Andrew should be heading up sometime wednesday morning. Anyone want to meet in the hickory or ashville area? I might stop in hickory to eat lunch with my sister. I just want to make it to the campgrounds before dark so we can set up camp. -Tim

We are trying to leave sometime in the morning, 8-10ish? What time were you planning on heading out from chapel hill? You don't happen to have any stock lower control arms do you? My brothers stock Jeep is getting a lift soon, and his are worn out pretty good. Let me know, Tim

If things go as planned, I'll be leaving Robbins Wednesday at daybreak.

I have a mean vibe at 60ish...dunno if I can accelerate through it at highway speeds? If not, and you are making good time, y'all probably pass me up around Asheville :rolleyes:

I usually stop in Waynesville for groceries, but I may just shop tonight on the way home (I remembered to bring the coolers to work with me this year) to save that stop.

all i here is when are you leaving, how to get there, what to bring, and where are you staying. i can't make it this year and i want to go so bad :tears: and you
loosers are going.
have "too much fun" and please be safe. then when you get back rub it in with the posts about how much fun it was.
:party:

Last edited:
Mr. Douglas, what's up with Grant?? I'll be leaving here Wednesday b/w 10 and 12(depending on how much wrenching I have left to do in the morning). I pass through the Durham/Chapel Hill area, but prolly a while after you guys have left. Anyway, I'll see ya guys there one way or the other.

Ary

P.S. Mr. Douglas, no women to worry about this time, at least not on my end ;)

Back