• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for somewere to wheel in WNC

RiverMule

NAXJA Forum User
Me and my wheelin buddys have been wheelin around our houses for a little while but all the good spots get gates of or the put no trespassing signs up. Is there not a good place for us to wheel that we dont have to worry about getting in trouble. My rig is stock right know but the 3.5 super-flex kit and 31s will be here soon. We could just go to tellico but Im kinda worried about it being to hardcore for my little jeep. So is there anyone around wnc that nows some good spots?

Well, the SE Chapter will hit Windrock on Sept. 10-11 I think weekend after Labor Day and then we go back to Tellico last weekend in Oct

Some of it is and some of its not...We've had guys with 31s do the whole place...WIndorck is near Oak Ridge, Oliver Springs, TN Yeah over there is should do fine lots more trail than Tellico...But this will be our first trip there so i really can't say for sure what we are goona have

RiverMule said:
We could just go to tellico but Im kinda worried about it being to hardcore for my little jeep...

Tellico isn't too hardcore for a stock XJ... you will want rocker & underbelly armor though. If it's really wet it'll be a bit of a bear. FWIW I took my sagged -1" stocker (on P225 street tires, open 30/ LS 35 and both swaybars hooked up) up Tellico last Halloween at the Fall Flog. went in on #4 at the NC side, across the ford, IIRC I took the harder line out of the river and climbed the ledge after the ford but I might be dreamin... Dale knows but he isn't telling :wave: to #6 & down. Killed 2 tires and made lots of ugly noises underneath, but we made it around & home with only one gentle tug.

Went up Uwharrie Daniel 2x last year same way, -1" stock, P225 Tiger Paws, swaybars hooked up. Had to BTSO once or twice... and got mildly stuck each time (both going up 4 way hill, I went far right once and far left once, both times took a bit of muscle) Had one place where I took a big-kid's line down off some rox, and got the RR a bit off the ground, but it was dark, I couldnt see it, and it felt like impending doom so I holleredd for a spot... Thanks Ron!

Last month I ran tellico with +1", 30" mud-grips, unhooked swaybars with zero problems. Pre-Run thursday I led Preacher in a stock 92 Toy four-runner up 5 to 4, up the backside of 8 a ways, then back out 4 to 5 & out. He (was my test-dummy) had a couple "issue" spots, but only needed one little tug. Friday ran that route, with a scenic detour up 3 to 11 & back out to 4>6... Saturday 4 to 11 up to the parking lot just below guardrail... I barely made that, so I'd reccomend just parking at the sandwash at the base of the hill if you want to hike up & check it out.

Armor and decent tires will be your friend at any lift height. Always have some pioneer tools aboard and a buddy... Two vehicles makes anywhere alot better.

Back