• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Tow Hook Brackets

xjj33p3r

NAXJA Member #1108
I've been searching around and I haven't been able to find a dealer for rear tow hooks. Does anyone know where to get some?

i have my factory rear tow hook bracket - but it is only the drivers side - the exhaust is in the way on the passenger IIRC...

PM if you want to buy it...

I had a factory L bracket for the rear, pulled it off when I put the tomken bumper on that has a 2" built in receiver hitch. Been using it to tow a bunch of stuff up to a 17ft boat for a friend of mine. Already had a couple of parking lot jockeys hit me while I was parked, no damage to the bumper other than some scratched powder coat and one unhappy 17yo 04' saturn driver with a much unhappier father who was in the passenger seat :D Told him just be happy I did not have the recovery hook in there...

Well, whatever yall have, I would be more than happy to take. Right now I can't really afford a huge rear bumper, which is what I want... but I want the entire c-rok rear bumper and tire carrier setup. A tow hooks in the rear will have to do for now.

If anyone is interested, I found a website that sells rear tow hook brackets. I don't understand how they work, but it's a bracket
http://store.4x4trailhunters.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3

rear_hooks.jpg

Can anyone explain how this works?

xjj33p3r said:
If anyone is interested, I found a website that sells rear tow hook brackets. I don't understand how they work, but it's a bracket
http://store.4x4trailhunters.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3

rear_hooks.jpg

Can anyone explain how this works?

Having had a factory one my best guess is that the L shaped go on either side, the straight long ones I would guess are NOT flat like they look, they are probably 'humped'. I'm curious how they make it around the tailpipe hanger though. Unless they are are flat and are intended to be a replacement for the nut strips inside the frame rail.

Looks like that system would work if the L bracket is raised.

BUT, you can go to any Jeep dealer and for $17 get the bracket. p/n 52000712 and the interior nut strip (reinforcement) 52001174-5 you need the left or driver side ONLY. $22

Almost any STANDARD hook will work. Mopar wants $75, Harbor Freight $6

The flat strips go inside the frame rail, the L brackest bolt the the flat strips under the frame rails and to one bumper bolt. That leaves two re-enforced bolt holes on each side for the hooks.

Sweet. Thanks guys, I'm gunna pass by a dealership today and see if they've got the part. If they don't... I'm reaking havoc.

The factory unit only fits on the left side. I pulled my rear tow hook off and sold it. I bought a class III hitch. Much stronger for pulling and now I can tow junk too.

xjj33p3r said:
I just need something to pull people out of mud easier. A trailer hitch would be overkill at the moment.

Go look at tomken, they have a replacement bumper with a built in Class III. Works for me and I've been using mine to pull a variety of trailers. There are a few other bumper manufacturers out there that build similar and the added nice thing is having a REAL steel bumper.

I think everyone would love to have a nice rear bumper, but at the moment I'm trying to save up for a cage. So, I might not even get those brackets. First comes the cage, then the c-rok rear bumper and carrier, then skids :D

Back