• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quadratec HD leaf question

I put the HD leaves on my '96. They "lifted" it back up to where an Up Country Cherokee would ride. If you're looking to above factory ride height you will have to use an add-a-leaf with it or get a lift with a new springpak.

If you use the HD leaf springs with the Rocklizard BB and use all leaves from both packs, sans the smallest leaf from the stock pack you'll end up with 3.5" over stock height of rear lift. I just did this to a friend's XJ a couple weeks ago.

You can level that out with a spacer and ZJ coils.

noresttill said:
3.5 may be a little much. I want about 2.5. How may stock leaves (?) you think ill need?
Try two.

Using just a second main leaf (with the eyes cut off) adds between 1-1/4" and 1-1/2" ... from where your suspension sits now, so if your springs have sagged 3/4" you'll end up only 3/4" higher than "stock."

Adding the second leaf froma donor pack might get you another inch, so thatere's your 2-1/2"

For 2.5" use two stock leaf packs, without the 2 smallest leaves from one of the packs. (put the leaves in the appropriate order of course)
That's what I got, then later I added a 1" shackle lift to get my 3.5".

The QT "heavy duty" are actually the same, or nearly so, as the original springs in my sport. Same leaves and arch (side by side off the car I could see no difference). Same ride. I measure maybe 1/2 inch higher than the height numbers people claim for stock..

They are Crown brand by the way. If you do buy, go to the crown web site and look up any other dealer besides QT.

gjxj said:
The QT "heavy duty" are actually the same, or nearly so, as the original springs in my sport. Same leaves and arch (side by side off the car I could see no difference). Same ride. I measure maybe 1/2 inch higher than the height numbers people claim for stock..

They are Crown brand by the way. If you do buy, go to the crown web site and look up any other dealer besides QT.

Would you buy them again? I want to replace my saggy rear springs so that I don't bottom out on every bump when I am towing or loaded down, but I don't want to do an actually lift.

I would buy mine again. I've had them over a year and have towed a couple heavey loads and still no sag. Ride is not bad either. I'm also running Rancho adjustable shocks, that may be helping the ride.

I'm happy with the springs, it sits nice, even with my trailer in tow.
Now, would I do that job again? Thats another story. Do a search on leaf springs, there are probably hundreds of storys of the difficulties in getting the old bolts out. Read, believe, consider adding a leaf..

They were a pain to remove. It took me several days and a few borrowed tools to get it done. It took a 5ft breaker bar to get the front bolts off. I considered an AAL, but figured I would be in the same boat in a couple of years. It took some work but was worth it.

Breaker bar, I wish it was that easy. I had to cut the bolts and cut into the frame to replace the stripped captive nuts.

Notice I didnt say dont do it though, just do your homework and know
what you are getting into.

Last edited:
Back