• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power windows

HilltopXJ

NAXJA Member #950
None of my windows are working on my 88xj 4dr. Checked breaker on fuse block it has voltage. then I checked voltage at switch, it has power. Did I lose the ground maybe? when I did a search someone said that the door locks and windows have the same ground is this true? My locks are working and not my windows. All the motors seem to work fine.(had to jumper them to get the windows up). where does the power wire from the breaker go? It looks like it heads up under the dash somewhere. Is there a junction or a relay under there. Got some spare switches from the junkyard doesn't seem to be that either. Anyone with some Ideas would be helpfull..thanks

The power wire go's from the fuse block "to" the driverside master switch, power to all other switches then comes "from" driver side switch.

Back