• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OK, please give me your 8.8 measurements

thisfirstlove

NAXJA Forum User
Im doing the swap and cant weld. im taking it to my dads friends house to get it welded. Im going away to school and dont have time to go frig around getting measurements so the axle is centered adn all that jazz. if you have done the swap please give me the answeres im looking for. I need to know where the spring pearches need to go and the shock mounts. Please tell me where you measured from so i can do the same. please no BS about using the search or the crap some of you guys pull on most posts. Just break out the tape measure and help a fellow XJ'er out!!!!!!!!

thisfirstlove said:
Just break out the tape measure

Honestly...

This is your best method...

Crawl underneath your rig and measure your existing axle's dimensions...

take you leaf perch center to center measurement...

subract from your 8.8's width then divide by two...

Presto!

What about the pinion angle?

Best way is to sit entire rig with weight atop perches on axle and rotate pinion until optimum angle is reached...

Then weld in place...

have a buddy come over and weld it in your driveway...

Makes it easy and allows for best angles and centering...

surely someone has a welder that you know...

hell - even a 150.00 harbor freight model would work to tack weld everything in place... and you dont need to know JACK about welding to do that...
just plug in, attach ground, turn on, point, close eyes, squeeze trigger - PRESTO! tackwelded in place...

oh yeah - and there was a post VERY recently by XJnation asking for the spring perch center to center measurement - search for that one or PM him...

Dude,
It's not that no one wants to part with this info. It's just that no one keeps these measurements.
Think about it, after you're done will you write down and save all the dimensions of your axle?
Doubt it.
Just get your ass under the Jeep and measure for yourself.
BTW keep in mind an 8.8 has an offset housing. You'll have to measure the XJ spring distance(center to center), subtract it from the 8.8 width, divide by two and that's the distance from each end of the 8.8.

Ugh, you guys are a serious pain. you could have just gotten the measurements off your 8.8 swap. just two measurements is all i needed. from where the axle tube meets the 3rd member to the inside of the spring perch...one for each side. Dont worry tho, i went a head and did it myself.

Sometimes this site is worthless

thisfirstlove said:

yes... and this is an example of why:

thisfirstlove said:
Ugh, you guys are a serious pain. Dont worry tho, i went a head and did it myself.

whining.jpg

btw... My 8.8 swap measurements would probably not work for ya...

I used a full width 8.8 and I didn't use my D35 to determine width...

I sat my entire rig atop the perches on the axle and centered accordingly...

Glad you were able to figure out how to use a tape measure

Last edited:
thisfirstlove said:
Ugh, you guys are a serious pain. you could have just gotten the measurements off your 8.8 swap. just two measurements is all i needed. from where the axle tube meets the 3rd member to the inside of the spring perch...one for each side. Dont worry tho, i went a head and did it myself.

Just so I get this right. You wanted someone to go out under their heep to get these measurements so you don't have to?
What a tool.
If, by being useless, you mean this site doesn't cater to lazy-ass punks like you then yea, it's useless.

you seriously are asking for masurments? and you sound like such an a hole asking for them like anyone really wants to help your lazy carcase. and seriously anyone who knows what they're doing isnt going to use mesurments

this bitch isn't even a member and he's calling it worthless?

what a parasite.

using his dad's friend,

and telling us not to give him BS about using the search.

we should have a way to eliminate these asscracks from further use of the forum.

...BOB

BOB said:
this bitch isn't even a member and he's calling it worthless?

what a parasite.

using his dad's friend,

and telling us not to give him BS about using the search.

we should have a way to eliminate these asscracks from further use of the forum.

...BOB
I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think he'll be getting a lot of help here. My guess is he'll be moving on soon when he realizes naxja's tit has dried up.

Sic'm boys. I'm the only person that should get to call you worthless and lazy.

thisfirstlove, 14" from centerline out on each side.

Back